Thursday, January 29, 2009

Social Networking

Ok, I admit it.  I am new to the whole social networking thing.  But it seems that every day, I am hearing more and more about how it is absolutely essential if you have an online business, website or blog.  

So what exactly is Social Networking?   Social networking is a group of individuals with a specific interest coming together in an online format or community.  You are already aware of a couple of popular social networking sites: MySpace, Facebook and YouTube.  If your business is centered around a specific niche or special interest, you should explore social networking, if you haven't already.  

For The Queen's Diaries, I created a Ning Account.  Ning is another social networking site that is really gaining in popularity.  The address is:  http://thequeensdiaries.ning.com.   The process was really simple. It only took me a couple of minutes to set up my site and it was really painless.    

It's too soon to tell what kind of impact Ning will have on the QD.  But, I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Mrs. NearlyWed said...

I'll check it out. I am a Twitter fan myself. I like it's connectivity with Facebook,