Monday, November 17, 2008

Ready,Set,ACTION!

Did you ever want to be in the movies? Who hasn't had a bit of a fantasy to see themselves on the big screen, gorgeous backgrounds, exotic locations, costumes and make-up that make you look like a real live movie star? Yes, fantasies are great.

Reality is more like in the movie Tootsie when they scream "Not too close" for the camera work in shooting Dustin Hoffman as Tootsie. This week I was able to participate in some of the fun of movie making. Hot Flash Havoc, www.hotflashhavoc.com, is the name of the film being made that I am privileged to be a part of. Since it is in documentary style, I am playing myself, a middle age menopausal woman. My naturopathic physician friend Kelly Jennings, www.urbanwellnesspdx.com, is also interviewed and filmed. Kelly treats effectively, and patiently many women with menopause and breast cancer symptoms. She is also young, smart and gorgeous! So my close up is Kelly giving me an acupuncture treatment. Yes indeed, I am the woman in repose with acupuncture needles all over her face, head and neck!

I was also interviewed about my story, the breast cancer/menopause/entrepreneur connection. This film has a fantastic concept; educate and entertain about the condition called Menopause. The movie is still in production and I will blog about it again, and again as the release date comes closer and my close up for stardom nears.

-Haralee Weintraub

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Shani. You continue to make us proud.