Sunday, September 14, 2008

Endless Networking

Okay...I know networking is essential if you are an entrepreneur. It can grow help you grow your business, it gives you and your business exposure and it's a good way to practice your 'sales pitch'. But... when is enough, enough? Is there such a thing as too much networking?

I am a member of several networking groups. Each week we have networking meetings that last at least an hour. Some weeks we have summits or business fairs. Again, I find some of these events useful. But they can also take up a lot of time. Time...that as a business owner I really don't have!

Also, I find that I am running into the same people at these events. Sometimes I wonder if its actually worth it. Yes, I meet some nice people but rarely does it lead to a job lead. Maybe I'm not doing something right. Maybe I'm not giving it enough time. I don't know... am I the only one who feels like this?

No comments: